HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2014-08-17

Boy Cards and Dry Wall Tape

Hello Papercrafters!  Here are a few "simple style" cards for you.  I used the Close to My Heart "Windy Day" stamp set....I love this set - includes a boy and a girl flying kites and has some great sentiments with it. Later on  I will post an art journal page I made with this same stamp set.   

Here's how I made the card:
- I stamped the images on cardfront (excluding the clouds).
- colored in images with copic markers


- after coloring in, I took some dry wall tape and used it as a background stencil - used Cashmere inkpad and lightly sponged the color randonly on the cardfront.


 - I stamped the clouds on another piece of cartstock.  Cut it out.  Then used Crystal Blue inkpad to sponge color over dry wall tape on clouds.


Dry wall tape looks like this, I know, some of us didn't know that. lol.  It has adhesive on one side so it's great for stencilling:


- the sentiment was stamped on another piece of cardstock, cut out to form a banner and pop-dotted  to bottom  left side.


Here's another "boy" card. I used Crafty Secrets "Little Boy" stamp set - what a cutie, right?  I colored in with copic markers.  After coloring in, I used a blending tool and sponged Broken Glass distress ink around the image.  I pop-dotted the "curious cat"  die from Poppystamps, Inc. on left-bottom of frame.



Well, time for you to go out and use some of that dry wall tape you may have sitting around your garage!  Thanks for dropping by.  Have a glorious weekend!



http://www.flickr.com/photos/36885924@N00/6766155061/

No comments:

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!