HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2009-02-04

Tutorial: Tea Bag Mini Album

Hello papercrafters! Here's something different I've been wanting to try...a teabag mini album. I was inspired by one I saw a few years ago in the Stampington, I believe, magazine. Anyhow it was quite simple to make: -Take 4 herbal tea bags. Make a small slit on each bag and empty the tea inside. (Leaves a nice fragrance.) Set aside for now. -Cut 8 pieces of patterned paper, 2-1/4"x 2-1/8". These will be your album pages. -Machine stitch a border on each piece of paper. -Stamp and embellish each piece of paper. -Adhere the 8 decorated pages on top of the 4 teabags (front and back, of course) using paper glue. -Sew or machine-stitch the 4 decorated tea bags together to form the album. -To form tabs, staple a piece of ribbon to the edge of each of the last 3 pages. TIP: I then embellished the ribbon tabs with the small flowers I found at the bottom of my patterned paper, you know, the "color-code" strip. Just punch them out with a 1/2" circle punch. See picture below to see what I'm referring to: TIP: to cover the staples used to adhere the ribbon tab, I just adhered a paper flower or embellishment on top of the staple. See picture below. I don't know if I like the "stapled" look yet. To complete my Tea Bag Mini Album, I will fill it up with my favorite pictures! That's all there is to it! Give it a try and link some pictures to this post. Oh yes, this tutorial is also on Inspirational Techniques and Tutorials Blogs...visit me there... Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Mary,

This is an adorable project and makes a great gift. I have to try it when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing it.

Linda

Anonymous said...

This is one of the neatest ideas. I cant wait to try it. Thank you so much.

Leah

belle said...

I love it I love tea and book sos this is a great combo...thanks for visiting blog crafty lady

Ali said...

LOVELY!!!! TYFS, it's a wonderful li'l project and excellent tutorial! ~Ali (of Lovingly Created)

Groovy Deborah said...

How fun this is! TFS! I would love to make one for little tiny pics :)
Deborah♥

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!