HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2008-01-30

"Amberley Grace" Card Slider


As I mentioned in a prior post, I would show you one of The Angel Company's new paper collections...and here it is....Amberley Grace! Isn't it lovely? I love it's gentle and elegant look. These pictures don't really do it justice. But my next project shows this paper off much better so come back and check that one out!

Amberley Grace V840 paper collection goes extremely well with the "Forever" T2811 valentine's stamp set. I love this set since they're solid stamps and I didn't have to color anything in...this was definitely quickie stamping! Since I wanted to use non-traditional valentine's colors, I used Cognac TT217 and Cote d' Azure TT206 Palette hybrid inkpads. Did you know?...Palette hybrid inkpads are a combination of dye and pigment inks? Very cool to use!













Here's how to make the tag-like card slider... I've included two different versions...the first is using the Cricut Expressions:

-Use Plantin School Book cartridge
-press Italic
-press Fit to Length
-set Tagright at 8"
Not to fret, if you don't have a Cricut I've measured the card slider and you can cut it out by hand as follows:

-cut a 2-1/2" x 8" sheet of paper
-punch 1/4" hole on either end
-wrap card slider around cards
-slide ribbon thru holes and tie a ribbon knot (see first picture).
That's it! How quick and easy, huh? Makes a wonderful gift set.

Thanks for dropping by, believing you enjoyed this quick tutorial. God bless you!











1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

Those are beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them!!

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!