HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2007-11-04

Tutorial - Scalloped Shrink Plastic Ribbon Slider


I was asked how I made the scallop edge on the Teeny Tiny Tag with the oval scallop punch. I thought I'd show you how to do that plus combine it with how to make a shrink plastic ribbon slider. Whew!-what a mouthful.

For the scalloped ribbon slider (see SLIDE pictures below this):

-First, remove the plastic back to expose the scallop punch opening.

-Cut a piece of opaque shrink plastic 3"x2". The size you use must be, of course, smaller then the opening so you can feed it thru.

-Insert your shrink plastic as you normally would. Then feed it thru and out the punch opening. (See Slide pictures below.)

-Position it & you're ready to punch the scallop edge.

-Punch two 1/4" holes on each side. This is where you will slide your ribbons thru.

-Using black Versamagic inkpad. Stamp your image on the shrink plastic.

-With a an heat gun, heat emboss it holding it down with tweezers.

-It will begin to curl but don't freak out-it's suppose to! Keep heat gun on it until it curls & uncurls itself.

-Immediately place it under an acrylic block to flatten it.

-Color in images. I used Impress markers. Some I just sponged inkpad colors on them. Hit them with heat gun a few seconds to dry off the colors.

-You're ready to use it as a ribbon slider or a charm.

Shrink plastic is easy and lots of fun to make your own charms, embellishments, alpha stickers, earrings etc. Now go make one and show me your work. Thanks for joining me today!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Great tutorial!! Love all your work! you are awesome!

Hope to see you soon!

Love,
Diana

Becky said...

Thanks so much for sharing how to do the scallop punch Mary! I never thought to do that. Great tutorial. It makes me want to get some shrink plastic now!

Jen Carter said...

I love shrink plastic. I'll have to give this a try! It's such a cool idea!!

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!