HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2008-05-15

Tutorial: Quick "Resist" Background

"Juliette Florals" meet "Butterfly Swirls"! These two stamp sets go so well together that I made a card to show you. I used a "resist" technique for my background. Here's what I did:







Oops, here's what I did:
-I stamped the small flowers with Versamark watermark inkpad on white glossy cardstock. Notice I only stamped them on the bottom portion of the glossy cs.

-I ran a brayer over a Kaleidacolor rainbow inkpad to pick up the colors. For newbies, a Kaleidacolor inkpad has 5 colors in it...side by side. Click on the highlighted word to see sample of one. Here I used the blue breeze colors.

-I ran this brayer over the white glossy cardstock...going in all directions. Prepare to be amazed when you see the flowers "pop" out of nowhere! What is happening, newbies, is that the ink is resisting the Versamark. Re-ink brayer as needed and brayer some more color if needed. Voila! You have a very vibrant background!

- I stamped the butterfly, with the same Blue Breeze inkpad, as part of the background on the glossy cs.

- With black inkpad, I stamped an element from the Curls & Swirls stamp set to form a stem for my big flower.

-I then stamped a flower from the set on a flower shaped cardstock. I added a pearlized brad to center and attached pop dots to it to give it dimension. Added glitter glue to it too.

-On the top left corner I adhered a piece of embossed (swiss dot) white paper as an photo corner and attached some tiny white ribbons to it and added glitter glue.

-Lastly, I adhered this glossy cardstock to purple cardstock and then to white cardstock to complete the card.

That's it! It's easier than you think...why not try making one and showing us what you've done with this resist background technique. Would love to see YOUR work! Have fun...see you later!






1 comment:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very cool Mary!
:-)

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!