HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2007-11-27

Simply Rudy - Embossing a Background

Don't you just love this little guy? He's from Tis the Season stamp set. You could easily use this set with the Merry Wishes paper that is so festive looking! Scroll down to see my post where I used this paper to make ornaments and to take advantage of this paper special until November 30th!!

First, I made my own fern background by heat embossing the fern from Bold Flourishes stamp set. For newbie stampers, that means I stamped my fern image with embossing ink and then sprinkled embossing powder over it. Then we heat emboss it with a heat gun until the powder melts and you see a shiny surface. A very cool technique. Er, or should that be a very hot technique??!) I used a scrap piece of Rustic Chic paper behind Rudy (you know how I can't throw away these small scraps of TAC paper!) I then embellished it with a ribbon and paper flower. That's it - simply Rudy! Hope you enjoy him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is just adorable! I love the embossed background.

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful! I love the green on green embossed look!

~Jules~ said...

Great card!
I love it!

Tricia T said...

Just hopped over from ASB! Nice blog!! :) Congrats on being the blogger of the week!

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!