HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2007-11-18

Teabag-Folded Tree


We made these teabag-folded trees at Rita's Ohio Gathering (thanks, Rita!) but I misplaced the directions. So from memory (oh boy!) I made this one. They are easy to make once you put one together. I don't have her instructions but I found this website that has similar instructions.

The sizes of paper squares that I used on this Welcome card were:
3x3",
2-1/2 x 2-1/2"
2x2",
1-1/2 x 1-1/2"

First I used the Patridge's tail (from TAC's "Partridge" rubber stamp set) as my design & I stamped it on light green cardstock using Bordeaux Palette inkpad on the first and third layers. For the green layers I doodled white dots on my green cardstock using my Signo white pen.

Next, I folded as per instructions and nested them together with glue dots. The bottom striped strip and the two top ones are from TAC's Amelia paper collection. Love the vintage look of this paper! I then tied some jute twine around the strip before adhereing it to the front of the card.

I will be punching 1/8" hole on top to thread ribbon thru them and use them as ornaments. I saw a technique using beeswax, so I want to try this on some of these ornaments & see what they turn out like. I love experimenting with new techniques, don't you? I will show you those once I try that technique. Well, friends, thanks for dropping by and lookin'!

4 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

WOW this is an AWESOME card, you've got some really neat work on your blog, so many pretty things!
Melx

Anonymous said...

I love the soft, almost folk art, feel of this teabag tree ... just beautiful.

~Jules~ said...

Absolutely mind blowing!
FANTASTIC!!!!!

Diana said...

Your work is awesome I love everything here!!

And this card is simply perfect!

Love,
Diana

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!