HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2014-08-08

Art Journal Pages

Happy Friday to you!  As I mentioned before, I wanted to try art journaling for awhile now but never took the time to experience it with my own little hands! hehe.   While on vacation at Hilton Head last year, I decided to research the subject, get my mixed media supplies together and try my hand at it. I didn't take any classes but  I  did find a most wonderful & informative blog  (Vicky's) that really inspired me...I love her style....clean, artistic, not too messy nor dark.  So I played with the supplies I took with me (of course, I also went to a local Michael's to get a few items) and I loved it!  Here is a very simple page I did:



All I used was one of our new stamp sets from Close to My Heart, entitled "A Budding Friendship", a T. Holtz stencil ("Rays"), some distress inks and added some CTMH Liquid Glass to the flowers for lots of 3-d  glossy dimension.  You can find the CTMH items here at my online store.


 I love the wording included in this stamp set, "You Are My Favorite Memory!"  I think a special photo of someone could be added to this journal page and included in a scrapbook layout.



Here's a closeup of the Liquid Glass on the flowers.

Thanks again for visiting!  Check out Vicky's Blog.  Thank you Vicky for your wonderful inspiration!!  You'll really get blessed!  Any questions, please let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36885924@N00/6766155061/

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!