HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2011-01-01

Tutorial: Pink Dots Background Paper

Greetings and Happy New Year to my friends!

I was looking through my scraps but I couldn't find any pink dotted paper. So I do what we papercrafters do when we can't find the right background or color of paper....make our own!  With this "pink dots"  paper,  I made these cute tiny valentines and matching envelopes:


I thought I would share with you how this all happened.  I started by stamping pink dots as the background with a light pink inkpad so I could then stamp on top of it.


Next I stamped the owl and frog images, colored them in and punched them out with a 1" circle punch.  Notice that I inked the edge of the circle.  I pop-dotted the circle and layered it onto the "pink dots" scalloped background and then layered that onto red cardstock: 
I stamped the "pink dots" background on the envelope as well & then stamped over that with the words to/from and the heart on top.  To add more interest, I stamped the owl and/or frog at the bottom of the envelope in an up and down motion, only coloring in the heart:


The finished product, so to speak, two sets of cute valentines to give out:

Thanks for joining me today.  Believing this quick and easy tutorial blessed ya!

3 comments:

The Charm House said...

Thanks for visiting the Charm House! I have a great collection of Vintage Postcards that I try to share and I also collect old pictures. Also, many times bloggers share their images (I have collected many from fellow bloggers) .... Dawn at The Feathered Nest is one of the sweetest at sharing. Have fun with the images!
Yvette

Chelsea said...

cute valentines ... love the pink polka dots and that is one of my favorite valentine stamp sets!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are TOO sweet. I love how they look like traditional old school valentines (only better!) :o)

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!