HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2010-12-24

Using Holiday Photo Cards as Gifts

I received a very nice christmas photo card greeting from my nephew last week. I thought I would bless them by doing this with it:


I took the photo card and cut out the photos and arranged them  into a scrapbook page layout for them as a gift. I'll give it to them when I go visit them tomorrow!  They can then insert it into an 8x8 picture frame and keep it as one of their holiday memories!

Here's how it all happened:

I cut out "winter fun" die shape from Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge and the snowflake from Joys of Season cartridge. 

I layered one of the pictures on a square scalloped-shaped frame.

I also cut the "2010 Merry Christmas" sentiment and layered it on green paper cutting the top edges at an angle to make it look like a tag.  Hole punched it and threaded bakers twine to it. 

I stamped & colored a heart & snowman.  I then slipped the picture under the snowman's twig. As you can see I adhered pop dots  to the back of the snowman to give it dimension. 

Hope they enjoy it! Thanks for dropping by and may you have a most wonderful time with your families tomorrow!!

1 comment:

The Charm House said...

Beautiful and Thoughtful!!!

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!