HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2011-06-20

4x4 Enjoy Your Day Card



Hello friends!  I love square cards but it's hard to find the envelopes to match.  Because I mostly make A2 cards and I can find those envelopes ALL the time, I thought why not make 4x4 cards? ...they will fit in the A2 envelopes! So I wanted to share  some fun 4x4 cards I made with Penny Black stamps.















Here's how I made this one:
-Stamp image on white cs and color it in.  I used copic markers.
-Stamp image again but only color the balloons...set aside for now.
-Cut pink frame using Cricut Accent Essentials, key 47 (scallop frame).
  TIP:  I used the Shadow feature so that I would have a more substantial area to dry emboss.
-With my Cuttlebug I embossed the pink frame using a squared   circle embossing folder.
-Adhere the stamped image to back of pink frame.
-Ahdere the pink frame to front of your patterned paper cardfront.
-Cut out the balloons, use pop dots to adhere to top front of pink frame.
-Stamp sentiment and adhere to lower right corner of pink frame.
That's it! 
TIP:  To get rid of those white areas around the balloon where I scissor-cut them, see picture below, use a black marker to edge around the balloons.  It will look more tidy & professional looking. I forgot to do that as you can well see.  oops!

  


Here's what I used:


Stamps:  Penny Black - Betsy Bluebell
Ink:  Memento Black
Copic Markers:  E00, E02, RV11, RV23, B00, G00, Y23,Y35
Embossing Folder:  Darice squared circles
Cricut:  Accent Essentials

I found this website that has value pricing for the PB stamps! Look here for their info and you'll find that the owners are the best in accomodating your needs!  Very friendly.

Hope you enjoyed this.  I will do the other 4x4 card on my next post.  Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Pat R said...

Darling card with sweet colors...love the use of the embossing folder...

Mary Leeson said...

THanks Pat. Can't wait to get more PB stamps at your place!!

Anonymous said...

聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!