HELLO and welcome! Free Tutorials - learn how to make the projects on this blog

Scroll all the way down to bottom LEFT SIDE for list of free tutorials.



2007-09-30

Pause to Reflect

I got really blessed with Debbie's post entitled Pause to Reflect. It got me to THINK how important it is that we take the time to pause and think about what we're thinking about, to take the time to pause and be thankful for what we have and to enjoy it. I was reminded of the word "Selah" used in the Book of Psalms. Selah means to pause and calmly think or consider about what was just read. You'll find that word in one of my favorite verses, Psalms 68:19 -it says "Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth us with benefits; even the God of our salvation. Selah." One thing Debbie wrote, "The pauses give resonance to the words, giving them a place to live in our heart." Certainly I want to pause and consider what that verse is stating. I definitely want that verse to saturate my thinking because it is such a wonderful promise to claim! Words can definitely have an impact in our lives. So I often ask myself, "why not allow God's Words be the "preferred" choice to dominate my thinking instead of dwelling on the negatives of life?" If you haven't done so, go to TAC's home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page & take a look at Debbie's "Simply Inspired" blog. Her writings will surely inspire you to "think." Thanks Debbie. Bless ya~

No comments:

You may purchase my cards and artwork

at my "Paper Blessings" ETSY Shoppe.

Copyright

All content, including text and pictures is ©Mary Leeson and is intended to be used for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for visiting us!